Elective Title: 93ZM720 — MEDICAL INFORMATICS
This course will expose students to medical informatics as a unique discipline. It will reinforce fundamental concepts related to medical informatics and medical technologies. Students will be required to attend regularly scheduled informatics sessions with faculty and fellows; complete four informatics modules; and additional work as arranged by the course coordinator.
Primary Contact for Add/Drops: J.T. Finnell (email@example.com)
Director: John Finnell, M.D.
Location: Regenstrief Institute (Indianapolis)
- 1) Describe some of the core principles in Biomedical informatics (PBLI1)
- 2) Analyze the literature relevant to their career path to formulate decision support tools (PBLI1)
- 3) Design and create a data model for their specific project (PBLI1)
- 4) Summarize public health data and formulate questions these data sets can answer (PBLI1)
- Professional Development Evaluation Form; (Students will submit their assignments into IU's learning management system (Canvas). Assignments will be reviewed by the course faculty for completeness and to provide a framework for discussion in order to augment the students knowledge).
Prerequisites: 3rd or 4th year status
Availability with Max Students per Month:
Duty Hours: 20
Time Distribution: 60% Library; 30% Lecture/Seminar; 10% Research
Elective Type Category: PD - Professional Development
Notes and Enrollment Information:
Add/Drop Contact Person: J.T. Finnell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Third Year Elective? Yes
Interprofessional Skills and Service Learning
Interprofessional Collaborative Skills: None
Service Learning Included: None