Elective Title: 02DA700 — ANATOMY EDUCATION
This elective is designed for students who are interested in academic medicine. Students will be introduced to pedagogy and learning theory as they develop and implement an educational module that focuses on a clinical application of gross anatomy. The topic of the module will be selected based upon the goals and interests of the student in consultation with the course director. The module/presentation may be a power point presentation, video, TBL/PBL case, anatomical model, cadaver prosection, or any other modality deemed appropriate. The module must include a set of learning objectives and an assessment tool or other means of providing feedback to the learners. The finished product is intended to be a complete, self-contained module that supplements the gross anatomy curriculum.
Primary Contact for Add/Drops: Sharon Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Director: Leslie Hoffman, Ph.D.
Campus: Fort Wayne
Location: IUSM - Fort Wayne
1) Identify an appropriate pedagogical strategy to guide the development of a learning module (PBLI1)
- 2) Develop a high-quality learning module that integrates gross anatomy and clinical correlations (MK1)
- 3) Formulate clear learning objectives for the learning module (ISC5)
- 4) Identify appropriate methods to assess learning and understanding (PBLI1)
- 5) Work collaboratively with the course instructor and learners (P2)
- 6) Effectively communicate information to course instructor and learners (ISC5)
Professional Development Evaluation Form; Anatomy education rubric
Prerequisites: 3rd or 4th Year
Availability with Max Students per Month:
Duty Hours: 40
Time Distribution: 100% Library Research
Elective Type Category: PD - Professional Development
Notes and Enrollment Information:
Add/Drop Contact Person: Sharon Roberts (email@example.com) THIS ELECTIVE DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE INITIAL SENIOR MATCH.All Fort Wayne electives must go through the Fort Wayne campus coordinators. For Family Medicine electives contact the Fort Wayne Medical Education Program at 260-422-6573) All others contact Sharon Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org or 260-481-0224).
Third Year Elective? Yes
Interprofessional Skills and Service Learning
Interprofessional Collaborative Skills: None
Service Learning Included: None